Quick and dirty, right to the point…..
Day Two: Nine things about yourself.
- I miss my family even more now that I am happier. That seems backwards to me.
- Lists like this make me very self-conscious.
- I don’t read as often or as much as I wish I did.
- Of all the things I no longer have a budget for (booze, smokes, shoes, drugs & rock and roll) the thing I miss buying most is underwear.
- If I hadn’t encouraged Em to wean at 3.5 I think she’d still be nursing. And I am okay with that.
- Watching shitty television, while it is an embarrassing habit, is more relaxing to me even than napping. Because I have an awful time falling asleep.
- Locking the doors to the house at any time other than before I go to bed makes me feel unnecessarily frightened. I feel more comfortable with the windows open and the doors unlocked than I do barricaded in my house. Even after our home was broken in to last year, I still rarely lock my doors when we are home.
- I would much rather be cold than hot.
- I think I cry once a day. Sometimes more. The Happiness meter is judged by whether or not I was crying over something silly and sentimental or something sad. But I’d rather be over-emotional than a robot.
And as for Day 53′s challenge to “Return to Sender” all my junk mail, I finally got some last night. (Heh, some junk mail, I mean.) However, none of it is really worth sending back.
Can’t send back catalogs, they provide countless hours of entertainment in our house. They barely qualify as “junk mail.” And while I generally consider unsolicited requests for charitable donations to fall in the category of “junk mail” I am not going to go to mail it back to them, costing them time and money in processing its return. So, in order to keep today from being a total wash, I did look up the way to stop receiving ValPak coupons. Because they annoy the crap out of me. I have never used one. Ever. And yet, I’d bet there are a few on my fridge right now.
Now, if you’ll excuse me I am gonna wake this lazy bag o’ bones and take him outside for a few.